AXIS Healthcare Consulting Ltd was founded in Ireland in 2012 to provide dedicated market access and health economics services to clients based in Ireland, the UK and Europe. The Company’s head office is located in Dublin and a second office is located in Galway.
The AXIS team proves strategic advice on pricing, reimbursement and market access and develops health technology assessment’s (HTA) on behalf of our clients for agencies such as the NCPE, SMC and AWMSG. We are committed to achieving the highest quality of deliverables for both our clients and the HTA agencies who assess the reimbursement submissions developed by AXIS.
The company is experiencing significant growth and is now seeking to appoint an HTA Manager to join the Irish Team. The main responsibilities of the role include developing submissions to HTA agencies, advising on market access strategy and developing plans for evidence generation.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent position.
Location: Dublin or Galway office and home-based options are also available.
Salary: Competitive salary and bonus based on qualifications and experience. We also offer ongoing personal and professional development as well as other benefits including opportunities to publish research.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Critique and validate cost effectiveness models.
- Adapt Global Cost effectiveness and Budget Impact models for submissions to HTA bodies in Ireland and the UK.
- Source local data to recalibrate various economic models.
- Analyse and interpret scientific data for use in various reports and HTA submissions.
- Develop clinical and economic sections of HTA dossiers detailing the findings of cost utility and budget impact analysis conducted.
- Develop research proposals.
- Manage Projects to agreed timelines.
- Liaise with Clients regarding project deliverables.
- Train and mentor junior members of the team.
- PhD or MSc in Health Economics, Epidemiology or related discipline.
- Advanced experience in Excel, R, SPSS or STATA.
- Strong knowledge of HTA methods and processes.
- Experience of reviewing clinical and health economic data across a variety
of therapeutic areas.
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills and proven
ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-
- Willingness to learn, ability to work autonomously with a problem-solving approach.
- Proven ability to exercise a refined level of attention to detail so as to
monitor as well as improve the quality of the worked carried out.
- Able to work under pressure to tight timelines.
- Excellent work ethic and integrity.
- Knowledge of the English language as mother-tongue, both verbally and
- Prior experience (2+ years) in an HTA role in consultancy, industry or health services.
- Experience in health economics, outcomes research, systematic reviews,
biostatistics and/or epidemiology.
- An up to date and thorough understanding of the Irish and UK healthcare
industry and market access activities.
- Strong business orientation and analytical skills.
- A high level of self-organisation and self-motivation.